Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Deputy Health Project Manager 2018
Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Deputy Health Project Manager 2018 – Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization.The primary aim of the organization is to support civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or those hit by natural disasters, wars, and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs.
Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Deputy Health Project Manager 2018 – Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
Job Title: Deputy Health Project Manager
Location: Monguno, Borno
- Under the supervision of the health project manager, the deputy health Project Manager shall ensure the overall support and direct supervision of the teams working in Pui facilities and enrolled in PUI health project in Bolori II
- S/he should assist the health pm in planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring of agreed health and nutrition project activities and planned capacity building.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Implementation and Monitoring of Medical Program/s:
- He/She ensures that beneficiaries and local populations understand the project objectives and participate actively in their implementation.
- He/She ensures the proper organization and functioning of the medical teams, and ensures compliance with goals defined in the project proposal.
- Notably, he/she follows up the performance indicators defined, reports on progress to his/her immediate supervisor (Health PM), indicates difficulties encountered in project implementation, and proposes improvements or reorganization on an as needs basis.
- He/She ensures that the team is following up proper medical protocols, and applying them according to international and national recommendations and guidelines.
- He/She supervises the organization of referral within PUI facility or with any other designated Health Care facility.
- He/She participates in follow-up and analysis of epidemiological data, in collaboration with the Medical Coordinator.
- He/She is assisting in the planning of activities and ensures that activities are met in a timely manner. In the event of serious delays in project implementation, he/she immediately informs Health PM and proposes solutions to remedy the situation.
- When required, he/she participates in need assessments in relation to project needs, medical equipment, medications and medical consumables.
- He/She assists in capacity building, including archiving the documents, tools and training materials in the context of project/s and ensures the availability of the verification sources mentioned in the proposals.
- He/She ensures the implementation of monitoring and/ or evaluations, according to the defined needs of the project/s.
- He/She drafts the internal and external reports to his/her immediate supervisor (Health PM) or/and the Medical Coordinator or other PUI Program Managers.
- He/she prepares information needed for the health monthly report to be transmitted to the Medical Coordinator.
- In close collaboration with the Medical Management Team, he/she participates in activities related to country health program strategy, especially considering the quality of activities, the technical choices to be made, and reporting obligations.
- He/she proposes advancement into new medical activities to the Health PM, or/and Medical Coordinator.
Support & Supervision of the Clinic Medical Team:
- He/She familiarizes himself/herself with PUI Internal Rules of Procedure for the mission, and ensures that they are known and respected by each member of the organized medical teams.
- He/She familiarizes with health team job profiles, has them endorsed by the enrolled staff, and participates actively in the hiring process (candidates interviewing, testing, etc.).
- He/She ensures that agreed activities and procedures are regularly and timely performed by Health teams.
- He/She supports and monitor coordination mechanisms specific to the Health team, and ensures proper supervision of its implementation.
- He/She follows up plans and organizes capacity building and training (organizational and medical support, methodology, and organization of training sessions…)
- He/She plans, organizes and follows up the weekly/ monthly implementation chart, after being endorsed by the Health PM.
Logistical and Administrative Support for Medical Program:
- Inside Health team, supports Drug Dispenser and supervises storage and use of medications, medical consumables or equipment.
- He/She monitors and addresses needs for medications, medical consumables, and equipment to the Health PM, in line with available budgets; considering the time and logistical constraints of the mission, as well as the purchasing rules specific to the programs.
- In coordination with the Health PM and Central Pharmacist, he/she ensures, appropriate supply plan, on weekly base principle, for each PUI Health Facility.
- He/She communicates to the Logistic Manager on a weekly basis his/her needs related to vehicles and communication equipment for the implementation of the program.
- He/She contributes to the analysis of supplier of bids for purchases with highly technical specifications.
- He/She participates when required in the preparation of calls for tender, as the case may be, in collaboration with the Logistics Coordinator and the procurement officer at Headquarters.
- On a monthly basis, he/she provides the Health PM with information necessary for the development of cash flow estimates specific to his/her program(s).
- In coordination with the Health PM and Logistic Manager, he/she assists in other logistical components of his/her program (delivery, distribution, on-site storage, etc.).
- When required, he/she represents the organization before local actors involved in the implementation of the medical program, and contributes to good relations within project partners (consistent with the principles of neutrality and independence of PUI).
- In agreement with the Health PM and Medical Coordinator, he/she attends coordination meetings on relevant medical matters when they take place, and participates actively.
- In the event of visits from Donors, he/she participates actively in the preparation and the smooth organization of the visit.
- He/She ensures that members of his/her teams and daily paid workers as the case may be, are provided with safety gear adapted to their activities (for example: PEP kits[post-exposure treatment kits], gloves…)
- He/She ensure that project/s, methodologies, or selection criteria do not place beneficiaries, PUI staff or any other persons in harm’s way. He/she alerts the Field Coordinator without delay, in case of impending danger to teams or beneficiaries.
- He/She participates in identifying health-related needs in coordination with the Field Coordinator and the Medical Coordinator or the Medical Department at Headquarters.
Specific Objective and Linked Activities:
- Ensure staff understand duties and responsibilities in the working environment
- Ensure the quality of care provided to patients in PUI facilities.
- Provide essential preventative assistance services and follow up on identified beneficiaries with NCDs and other diseases/morbidities of Public Health relevance.
- Provide training to the Health team on selected topics on Non-Communicable Diseases and other of Public Health relevance.
- Check and report on collected data.
- Directly report any difficulties or delays in the implementation of activities.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Education Degree: Preferably MD Graduate or related Medical Degree, Nursing Degree + Public Health Degree
- Language skills: Good command in English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Fluent in local languages – Kanuri, Hausa, etc.
- Work experience: 4-5 years of experience in Clinical Management, staff supervision and experience with NGO’s.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of Communicable and Non Communicable diseases
- Good knowledge of Public Health
- Good ability for teamwork
- Ability to manage a fair workload including emergencies.
- Computer skills: Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good team spirit
- Good management skills
- Good reporting skills
- Interests: Working in humanitarian relief
- Transversals skills
- Excellent communication, conflict solving and diplomacy skills to manage the relationship in potentially tense situations
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Ability to make decisions and to exercise authority when required
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check the validity of information, logical thinking
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2018.