Google Science Fair 2018 Online Science and Technology Competition
There is no developed society without the contributing ideas from different people. The Google society is giving opportunity to young people any where in the world between the age of 13-18. Are you good in science, technology, engineering and mathematics? If yes! Then google wants you to join Google Science Fair 2018 and share your best ideas with them on matter how small you may think it is.
It is said that the power of a man is measured by the content of his mind. In reaility, the positive thinking ability makes a man. It doesn’t matter the method of practice but a productive idea is generally accepted.
Google Science Fair 2018 Eligibility.
- The Competition is open to individuals 13 years of age as of December 12, 2018, and 18 years of age as of September 13, 2018
- Entrants from the 28 member countries in the European Union must be at least 16 years of age as of December 12, 2018. Entrants from South Korea and Israel must be at least 14 years of age as of December 12, 2018
- Previous Winners of Google Science Fair (of any award and/or prize) are not eligible to participate in Google Science Fair 2018.
- Ideas could be in any of these areas: Environment, Tech, Robotics, Space, Health, Community, Food, AI, Travel, Energy
Google Science Fair 2018 Prizes.
- Grand Prize: $50,000 education scholarship
- 15,000 scholarship and travel to LEGO in Billund, Denmark
- 15,000 scholarship and take an expedition to explore your world
- $15,000 scholarship and set sail with scientists across the world
- 15,000 scholarship and tour Virgin Galactic’s facilities
- $5,000 gift card from LEGO Education for educational products
- 20 Finalists will travel to Google Headquarters
- 53 State Winners will receive an Android tablet and other goodies
- 100 Regional Winners will receive a Chromebook and other goodies
Google Science Fair 2018 Assement Criteria.
1. Inspirational Idea: Think of something new or different. Think of an innovative idea or approach. It must not be totally new but you can restructure an existing idea. The judges are looking for new perspective ideas, new thinking and innovative ideas.
2. Capacity to make an Impact: The important thing that the judges are looking at is to see how you new idea can be applies in the real world. You should be able to prove how your research can help the world’s development either now or the nearest future.
3. Passion for Science/Engineering:Google are looking for innovators who really have passion for their developing project. Tell google how you started your project and why you want to pursue it. If this isn’t your first STEM competition, tell Google about it—google will also love to know how far your project has taken you to. The “About me” section is the perfect place to communicate this.
4. Excellence of Method:Google are checking your Method/Testing works with your original Question/Proposal—with details descriptions. If the initial project fails, it doesn’t mean it’s not a good project. Learning and testing is all part of the problem-solving process. Suggest new ways of improving the experiment.
4. Communication: Ability to explain your project vividly attracts the attention of the judges. Explain your project clearly with illustrations, images, videos and examples.Google Docs are also available to help you create presentations, graphs, and other materials that might be difficult to express in words alone, like your experimental Results.
Google Science Fair 2018 Scholarship Timeline.
- Submissions open September 13th, 2018
- Submissions close December 12th, 2018
- State award winners announced March 2019
- Regional finalists announced April 2019
- Global finalists announced May 2019
How to Enter Google Science Fair.
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
If you find this article to be informative, please kindly share with interested friends. You can as well comment below to notify you on the next update on Google Science Fair 2018.